Friday, October 17, 2014

The Gift of Thanks


Recently my wife and I and our kids were invited to go on vacation with two other families who just happen to be our best friends. It was a fantastic and long overdue getaway for us. What made it even more special is the place we stayed. It was by far the most beautiful beach home I had ever stayed in. To top that off the owners are friends of our friends who we went with and they let us stay there for free. I was overwhelmed with their kindness and generosity and I wanted to give them something special as a thanks. This is one of the best perks of being an artist. I found a pic of their beautiful daughter on Facebook and I painted this to surprise them.

It started with a simple sketch scanned in and then finished in Photoshop. The final art is 8x10. I now have to decide if I want to print it on canvas or watercolor paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment