Friday, September 26, 2014

Coal Miners daughter (Loretta Lynn)

I couldn't very well do Conway Twitty without doing an illustration of Loretta Lynn now could I? That would be like country music sacrilege or something. I kinda had bad reference to go by on this one so it was kind of a test for myself to even see if I could pull it off. I got the picture off the web and of course if was small and fuzzy, so I guess it came out ok considering.
I have great memories of Loretta as a kid. Because my dad toured with Conway I was able to meet Loretta several times and see her concert hundreds of times. When I was 12 I got to go on tour with Conway and Loretta to California for 2 weeks. I got to sell their albums and tour books in the audience to make money. I fell in love with the drums and Loretta's drummer allowed me to play his drums on stage before every concert. He was even nice enough to give me my very first pair of drum sticks. A 12 year old never forgets stuff like that. I was able to make enough money to come home and buy my very first set of drums.

No comments:

Post a Comment