Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Hello Darlin (Conway Twitty)

Well, I knew I had to do it eventually… Illustrate Conway Twitty that is. I say that because Conway had a lot to do with my family's success in life. My father Velton Lang was his road manager for 25 years and I knew him well. He was a good friend to our entire family not to mention a pretty good singer to boot. He started off as a rock and roll singer in the fifties but later converted to country music for good and we are all better off for it. His drummer Tommy Markham better known as "Porkchop" would introduce Conway onto the stage every night by proclaiming "And now, the best friend a song ever had… Con…way…Twitty!!! I would say that fit him.
My family still misses him and I hope I did him justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment